Just like that, we are beginning another new month...
As I quite honestly haven't been up to much, I thought I would reflect on April and share with you some of my favourite things from the past month! Although it has been difficult to browse the shops, we have still managed online deliveries from the supermarkets and I ordered a few bits from Superdrug and Boots too! Some things I already had at home but have only made use of them recently. Anyway, hopefully you find something you like so keep scrolling...
1. Rituals Reed Diffuser - This diffuser was a Christmas gift and I didn't want to open it, it's too pretty! Unfortunately for me, my old one ran out so it was time for a change and I didn't want to purchase a new one as it is hardly an essential item. I decided to use my Rituals one and I am so glad I opened it, it smells gorgeous and I love the sleek design of the bottle. It has such a strong smell yet it is not overpowering. This is by far one of my favourites yet.
2. Carmex Cherry Lip Balm - When buying a lip balm I tend to prefer a stick rather than a pot however this one was a present from my friend in a pamper hamper and I have been pleasantly surprised by the results! I would say I used to apply lip balm throughout the day maybe up to four times but with Carmex I have found that I only need to use it once in the morning and once before bed, it is perfect. It is the best addition to my morning and evening routine, I apply as part of my skincare routine.
3. Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer - Unfortunately, my old concealer ran out during lockdown so instead of purchasing the same one again, I decided to ask my family members for recommendations, and this is the one I chose to purchase. It was really affordable as I found it on offer at Superdrug however I had to guess the colour for me. Since using this concealer, the colour is actually a perfect match and I love the way this product is applies - there is a small sponge applicator at the top and you apply directly to the desired area.
4. Simple Cleansing Lotion - This is a product that I have talked about in my previous blog post and it is one of the newest additions to my skincare collection. I have had time during lockdown to explore new products and add steps into my current routine without having to worry too much about whether I have time in the mornings.
5. Free Prints Photos - Does anyone else just love printed photos? I am obsessed with making albums or framing them! I was recommended to try Free Prints a while ago and have continued to use them ever since. You are able to order as many photos as you like however you are entitled up to 45 free prints per month so all you pay is delivery. As I had some spare time on my hands over the Easter break, I decided to order a few - some for birthday presents which I intend to frame and others for myself as I think it is nice to swap some updated photos into my frames every now and again.
6. Disney+ - I am sure most of you will know that Disney+ has been launched in the UK recently and it has been my saviour during lockdown. I have relived many childhood memories watching some of the Disney classics as well as some of the newer films too! If you have any recommendations I would love to hear about them in the comments box at the bottom of this post. So far, to name just a few, I have cried at Up!, watched Nemo and Finding Dory, discovered Inside Out and fallen in love with the Disney Princess films all over again.
7. Online Gym Classes - One thing that I have been participating in whilst at home is online gym classes, my friend used to instruct at my local gym and luckily for me she has continued classes via an online platform. It has been great to be able to attend these as it is definitely important to remain active during this difficult period. Some days I have lacked motivation to join in but have found that once the class is over I feel much better.
8. Body Spray - As I haven't been leaving the house much, I have swapped my favourite perfumes for a trusty body spray which is a cheaper alternative yet still just as effective. The one I am currently using is Bombshell by Victoria's Secret and it is classed as a Body Mist. When at high school, I remember in my final year that it was very trendy to have a Victoria's Secret spray, the girls used to stink the corridors out with the floral smells! This one is a scent that I have always liked as well as Tease by Victoria's Secret.
9. Shampoo - I have recently switched Shampoo, I purchased it before we entered the lockdown period and have been using it for the duration. It is the Head and Shoulders Smooth and Silky Shampoo which I originally purchased due to the hot weather as I find that an anti-dandruff shampoo can help with a dry scalp which is prone when sitting outside in the sun! The results of this shampoo have really amazed me, my hair is definitely looking silkier and feeling softer - I also like to pair this with a moisturising conditioner to maintain the softness.
10. Gel Nail Polish - As I have not been able to go out to get my nails done, I have been grateful for my at home gel nail polishes and lamp! I originally purchased to do my own nails but I realised that it seems to take me forever - especially to do my right hand. Lockdown has given me time to get some extra practice in. My favourite brand of gel polish has got to be Blue Sky, I usually purchase through Amazon or eBay and it tends to be fairly affordable.
That concludes my top 10 from April, I can't wait to see what May has in store for me! Hopefully a visit to the shops if it is safe to do so and I really hope to see family and friends soon! I hope you are all keeping well and my inbox is always open if anyone needs to talk.